7 Ways to Find Affordable Dental Implants in North York, Toronto
What Are Dental Implants?
They are small, screw-like metal posts made of titanium. These metal posts are considered the most effective way of permanently replacing teeth in modern dentistry. The reason is that they replace both the root and crown of a tooth. Therefore, they look and feel like natural teeth more than any other dental restoration or replacing teeth.
What Is the Procedure for Getting Dental Implants?
To receive implants for your lost teeth, you need to undergo surgery. The process entails cutting open the gum tissue to expose the jawbone underneath. The oral surgeon then drills the jawbone to create room for the tooth implant. Afterward, (s)he secures the implant in the drilled hole by suturing the gums. The oral surgeon then places an abutment over the implant before discharging you to heal for some time before the final step. The healing period can take between 3 and 4 months before you are ready for the crowning step.
The last dental visit entails crowning the implant. The ideal dental restoration for crowning an implant is a dental crown. The process is fairly simple and quick as it only entails dental cement to bond the porcelain crown to the tooth implant.
How Much Does a Dental Implant Cost?
The price of tooth implants can be quite expensive, usually because of the amount of work and preparation necessary in installing them. Typically, the general cost of dental implants near you ranges between $1,545 and $2,500. This cost covers only the implant itself and crown to complete the procedure. If you are to undergo any other procedures prior to getting tooth implants, it would be an added cost. For example, the cost of dental implants and a bone grafting procedure would be higher than the said estimate.
Tips for Finding Affordable Dental Implants
If you have no idea how to choose the best yet most affordable dental implants, consider the following tips:
- Find a budget-friendly dentist – dentists in North York do not price their dental implant procedures the same. If you can find a budget-friendly dentist, you can cut down part of the cost of your procedure.
- Bank on dental insurance – the cost of dental implants is covered by many insurance companies because it is not an elective procedure for replacing teeth. Take time to learn more about your insurance policy before undergoing any treatment to ensure it covers the cost of such surgical procedures. The reason is that some dental implant surgeries are elective procedures done for purely cosmetic reasons, which may limit your coverage.
- Consider discount dental plans – are savings plans that you can use alongside your dental insurance coverage to lower the cost of your treatment. The best part about these plans is that they have no conditions for coverage, even for procedures like dental implant surgery.
- Get an implant-supported set of teeth – one of the easiest ways to subsidize the cost of dental implants is by getting implant-supported restorations. At Quad Dental, you can benefit from all-on-4 implants, which incorporate a few dental implants and a denture or bridgework. The cost will be lower than traditional dental implants since you need a few metal posts to replace all your lost teeth. However, this solution only applies when you have multiple missing teeth in a row.
- Local dental schools – find different dental schools in New York with training students that would offer these services at almost half the cost of other dental facilities. The reason is that they are not as experienced in such procedures as other oral surgeons are. You should not worry too much about the success of your procedure since the student dental experts perform them under the strict supervision of a team of licensed professionals.
- Capitalize on tax deductions – your FSA funds can foot your implantation surgery bill if you pay directly to the dental implant center from your account.
- Look for discounts – if you research beforehand, you can identify dental facilities that offer discounts that can lower the cost of your treatment. Discounts mostly regard paying upfront, recommending other patients, or getting multiple procedures done.